The Executive Board focuses on the following:
- Decides on the overall strategy and roadmap of the AUTOSAR partnership
- Takes office of organizational and administrative control such as the appointment and revocation of a Chairperson, a Deputy Chairperson and a Project Leader Team Speaker of the AUTOSAR development cooperation
- Meets typically once a year
- Members are representatives of the Core Partners at executive management level
The Steering Committee focus on the following:
- Manages the admission of partners
- Manages the public relations
- Defines external information (web-release, clearance)
- Manages the strategy of AUTOSAR
- Recommends changes to the development agreement
- Recommends changes to the annual contributions to the partners
- Admits Premium Partners, Associate Partners, Development Partners and Attendees
- Meets typically every six weeks
The Project Leader Team focus on the following:
- Projects plans, financial plans and budgets within the budget framework
- Rules of procedures and establishment of working groups
- Gives technical information throughout the AUTOSAR development cooperation
- Decides on technical questions related to the AUTOSAR development
- Meets typically every six weeks
- Members are representatives of the Core Partners at project management level
The Communication Team focuses on the following:
- manages internal and external communications
- Is responsible for press releases
- Maintenance of the website
- AUTOSAR boilerplates
- Coordinates participation at congresses
- Manages the communication strategy
- Organizes AUTOSAR conferences
Working Groups are focusing on the following:
- Specify the AUTOSAR Runtime Environment to provide inter- and intra-ECU communication across all nodes of a vehicle network
- Define requirements and analysis of existing solutions in the area of basic software modules and automotive operating systems
- Define methodology and data exchange formats to describe the exchange relevant elements of a vehicle's E/E system architecture
- Define the API and service interfaces of the AUTOSAR Runtime Environment
- Define standardized interfaces across the different vehicle domains.
- Define acceptance tests.
- Integrate an exemplary AUTOSAR software implementation for the Adaptive Platform
- Members are Core, Premium, and Development Partners as well as Attendees which represent the extensive knowledge and experience of the partnership from the various domains
The Legal Team focuses on the following:
- legal issues regarding the AUTOSAR partnership such as the AUTOSAR development agreement.
- Meets on demand
- Members are representatives of the Core Partners
AUTOSAR User Groups
- Work on a particular topic based on already released AUTOSAR documents
- The topic is of general relevance for the AUTOSAR community
- Members are Core, Premium, Development and Associate Partners as well as Attendees
External User Groups
- The linked External User Groups do consist of AUTOSAR partners only, but are not administered by AUTOSAR. They focus on the exploitation of the AUTOSAR standard.
The Support Functions focus on the following:
- Organizational and administrative support of AUTOSAR
- Primary contact for all information requests from the public, partnership applications etc.
- Technical support of all AUTOSAR standards
- Process support for technological, quality, specification and engineering management
The AUTOSAR Chairperson is in charge of internal affairs and is supported by the Deputy Chairperson. Both are members of the AUTOSAR Steering Committee. They are appointed for a nine-month term.
The AUTOSAR Spokesperson focuses exclusively on the external representation of the AUTOSAR development partnership e.g. gives interviews for press and media, and promotes AUTOSAR in talks.
The Spokesperson is the face of AUTOSAR and has the function of a testimonial in the external communication. He is the first contact for marketing and publications.