WG-CP-RTE is responsible for the definition of the run time environment (RTE), the virtual function bus (VFB), the debugging and diagnostics log and trace modules.
Therefore the Working Group has the following responsibilities:
- Optimization of communication mechanisms between the SWCs and the BSW modules
- Requirement definition and tracing
- Definition of software specification through RTE utilization
- Maintenance of the feature list
WG-CP-MCBD is responsible for the platform-wide definition of multi-core and multi-partition specific features.
Motivation is to enable the users to make full- and efficient use of all the micro controller cores.
Among others, affected clusters are:
- Mode- and State Management
- Run Time Environment
WG-CP-VAL realizes quality assurance inside the partnership by validation of AUTOSAR concepts. This includes reviews of the change management process and milestone review process.
AUTOSAR concepts are validated in one of the following ways:
- By implementation: The basic software modules of a new concept are implemented and tested
- By review: experts check the concept document itself and especially its impact on specification level
- WG-CP-VAL manages but does not execute these validation activities. The execution is either subcontracted or runs inside the AUTOSAR partnership
WG-CP-MCL is responsible for software modules and new features with focus on Micro controller abstraction layer and hardware near software modules.
- Standard peripheral abstraction layer
- HW abstraction
- Time services
WG-CP-LIB is responsible for the definition of all AUTOSAR Library functions which includes fixed-point and floating-point math functions including:
- Basic arithmetic functions
- Controller functions
- Filter functions
- Interpolation functions
- Trigonometric functions
- Bit handling functions
- CRC functions
- Crypto functions
- Software component end-to-end communication protection functions