“Addressing automotive software challenges with AUTOSAR”
As the integration of state-of-the-art software and new applications for autonomous driving vehicles continuous, the communication between different platforms including safety and security aspects play a crucial and important role in the development process of automotive software.
By providing a common specification, architecture and methodology, the AUTOSAR development partnership forms the foundation for reliable automotive software standards. AUTOSAR is a strong community of more than 270 leading companies in the automotive field. AUTOSAR focuses on standardization, modularization with the goal of software scalability and maintainability. The AUTOSAR specification and code implementation is free to use for all AUTOSAR partners over the world.
To share a holistic overview of the AUTOSAR standards, recent developments, long-term planning and organizational changes, AUTOSAR hosts an annual AUTOSAR Open Conference (AOC). The agenda is complemented by presentations from AUTOSAR partners. This leading event in the sector of automotive system development is an excellent opportunity to interact with a great number of industry experts. After previous events in Tokyo, Gothenburg, the Californian Silicon Valley and Shanghai, the 12th AOC takes place in Portugal, Lisbon this year.
If you believe in the value of collaboration to develop long-term software solutions for the global automotive industry, meet the AUTOSAR experts at the
12th AUTOSAR Open Conference + AUTOSAR Day
March 03rd + 04th, 2020
NOVA School of Business and Economics
Campus de Carcavelos
Rua da Holanda, 1
2775-405 Carcavelos, Lisbon
AUTOSAR Day on March 3rd, 2020 including
- Lecture & Demo Sessions (09:00 am - 06:00 pm)
- Management Sessions (on request for new AUTOSAR partner)
- World Café (03:00 pm - 06:00 pm)
- Networking Reception (07:00 - 10:00 pm)
AUTOSAR Open Conference on March 4th, 2020 (09:00 am - 06:00 pm)
The Open Conference 2020 with the motto “Addressing automotive software challenges with AUTOSAR” will focus on the application of the AUTOSAR Platforms with go live examples, the communication and interconnectivity between the AUTOSAR Platforms as well as safety and security aspects.
We are looking forward to welcoming you at the 12th AUTOSAR Open Conference!
Will be published soon!
During the Lecture & Demo sessions, AUTOSAR offers the participants (AUTOSAR partner & non-partners) the possibility to learn specific aspects of the AUTOSAR software. All participants will take part in an architecture and methodology session in the morning.
After those two sessions the participants will split into smaller groups and attend different Lecture & Demo Sessions. There are two time slots. For both time slots the participant will have to choose one of the topics shown in the overview above.
- Time slot 1: 11:15 - 12:15 (Topics 1, 2, 3 & 7) Note that topic 7 will use both time slots!
- Time slot 2: 12:30 - 01:30 (Topics 4, 5, 6)
In the afternoon and as part of the World Café, the participants of the Lecture sessions take part in a hands-on / demo session of their two chosen topics where they apply the learned topics in the AUTOSAR software by running through a demo. Each Lecture and each Demo session is scheduled for approx.. 45-60 min.
Additionally, AUTOSAR offers one lecture & demo session (Topic 7) where participants step by step go through a broader demo for half a day.
Note: If you want to participate at the Lecture & Demo Sessions, you need to purchase the following ticket in the below integrated Xing registration:
- 12th AOC + AUTOSAR Day
Afterwards you need to assign yourself to your preferred topics using the additional registration form which you find beneath the Xing registration.
Please choose one topic for each time slot.
Seats are limited! Therefore, we recommend you register at your earliest convenience.
Topics which are already fully booked will not be selectable and removed from the registration form.
Content of the Lecture & Demo Sessions:
Architecture: Design Principles of AUTOSAR
- explanation will follow
Methodology: How to read Specifications for Templates and Manifests
- Walk through the specification process of ARXML
- Show the relation between UML and ARXML
- Discuss general patterns for modeling
- Explain the differences between Classic and Adaptive Methodology
- Basic UML
- XML knowledge
Topic 1: Developing Adaptive Applications
- Start with a brief explanation of the AP architecture
- Cover the key roles of Execution and Communication Management
- Consider methodological steps to create an application and the associated configuration steps of the AP
- Based on the earlier lecture we develop the configuration for communicating Adaptive Applications showing how Service Interfaces are defined, Skeletons/Proxies generated, Executables and Processes configured.
- Finally we uses the RTA-VRTE AP implementation to build, link and run the applications on virtual ECUs.
Topic 2: Automated Tool Driven Validation of Timing
- Introduction to timing constraints, timing analysis, TIMEX and ARTI
- The audience will model timing constraints, define them in TIMEX in Artop, implement in C/C++ and generate measurement points with ARTI, measure the actual timing behavior with ARTI-aware trace tools and validate the timing against the original constraints.
- We‘ll use different AUTOSAR stack & tool vendors to ensure independence.
- C, C++
Topic 3: Keeping your ECU secure against compromised Adaptive Applications
- Introduction: The Adaptive AUTOSAR platform as a home for manifold co-located Adaptive Applications
- Problem statement: Why are co-located Adaptive Applications a problem from a security point-of-view?
- Scope of Identity and Access Management (IAM): Summary of attack scenarios that are mitigated by the IAM solution
- Overview of the IAM solution
- Capability modeling
- Capability enforcement (based on the example of two functional clusters)
- Exchange of capability across ECUs
- Result: Knowledge about exact scope of IAM and ability to estimate efforts for development and configuration of products.
- The goal of the demonstration is to show the control flow of a request to a functional cluster with IAM from an Adaptive Application.
- By changing the specified capabilities the effects of IAM can directly bee seen on a hardware target.
- AUTOSAR methodology knowledge is beneficial
Topic 4: Using ARA for ADAS Systems
- Overview of the AP architecture and its impact to ADAS systems
- Presentation of a customer specific communication binding including a measurement gateway to ROS (Rviz)
- An AP application sends a picture via ARA:COM employing a measurement adapter to an AP-ROS gateway.
- Visualization via Rviz
- ADAS workflow
Topic 5: Debugging and Profiling Adaptive AUTOSAR Systems
- This lecture gives an introduction of the debugging and profiling capabilities of Adaptive AUTOSAR and the underlying operating system (here Linux). It shows how the different mechanisms can be put into relation to identify issues in different levels of the stack.
- The demo will illustrate this on a practical example.
- The session should enable the audience to relate outputs from Adaptive AUTOSAR and those of the operating system and to be able to choose the appropriate mechanisms for the problem at hand.
- In this hands-on session we illustrate how the combination of ara::log traces in combination with tools from the operating system can be used to identify issues, e.g. in integration, and how to validate that the system behaves as configured. This can include control flow, but also startup dependencies and latencies or performance metrics.
Topic 6: Secure Diagnostics for Connected Vehicles
- A framework for addressing the remote access requirements of connected vehicles including diagnostics over IP (DoIP) ISO 13400-2:2012 and the AUTOSAR DoIP specifications.
- We will discuss DoIP design and development security aspects which must be addressed before secure global adoption and deployment in addition to broader fundamental problems including handling resource constraints, design under multiple conflicting criteria, trade-off between average performance predictability and component-based design strategies
- Proposed theoretical analysis, simulation, testing, validation and prototyping for existing security techniques under automotive use- cases for incorporation into relevant ISO/AUTOSAR specifications for standardized automotive designs.
- Use cases covering XOTA, efficient ECU flashing minimizing downloads, and Ethernet-based ECU boot mechanisms.
- Having firewall functionality built with the Message Acceptance Filter functionality of AUTOSAR’s Socket Adaptor (SoAd) component.
- Integrating TLS into existing ECU systems, a service software component needed for TLS, and proposed enhancements to OSEK/AUTOSAR which allow a TLS-ready OS adaptation layer.
- AUTOSAR architecture
- automotive communication
- automotive cyber-security
Topic 7: Getting started with Adaptive AR
- Audience will understand the concept of AA functionalities (execution management and service oriented communication).
- Theoretical background will be explained about the demo project used during the hands-on session: creating a model using ARXML and coding an application with C++.
- Audience will get to know the adaptive AUTOSAR development from having the model and code files to triggering code generators, compilation and execution.
Get in touch with the adaptive platform demonstrator. Participants of the hands-on session will became familiar with the tools and the workflows used, to build their own adaptive AUTOSAR applications. You will learn how to integrate the applications into the adaptive platform demonstrator and how to run it. After the session you should be able to develop adaptive AUTOSAR applications based on the AUTOSAR code base, to build and integrate them in your own adaptive distribution.
- The session will be based on the lecture “Getting started with adaptive AR” and will show the audience how to use arxml and manifest file during application development and integration phase.
- We show, how to use EMO, STM and IVC, features of APD, depending on the readiness of APIs functionality of adaptive AR FCs.
- We will see, how to build an adaptive application, to integrate and execute them on a vECU (QEMU).
- Finally we will implement and demonstrate the ara:COM/SomeIP communication between two QEMU instances.
During the World Café you will have the opportunity to exchange with AUTOSAR experts about different topics in a table top and poster exhibition as well as discussion rounds.
- Presentation of user groups
- New working group structure
- AUTOSAR organization (Services for members, missing services and activities, rights and obligations of different member status)
- Partner registration process (for potential new partners)
- Q&A Classic Platform Architecture
- Q&A Adaptive Platform Architecture
- Q&A AUTOSAR Safety
- Q&A AUTOSAR UCM
- Q&A AUTOSAR Meta Model and Methodology
- AUTOSAR Demonstator
- many more
The World Café is open for AUTOSAR partner and external guests.
AUTOSAR offers Management Sessions for new AUTOSAR parter and companies/institutions that are about to become an AUTOSAR partner. In the personal sessions, AUTOSAR will explain you more in detail how they are organized and how you can optimaly get integrated as a partner.
If you are a new AUTOSAR partner and interested in a personal session, please contact email@example.com
If you have purchased the Ticket "12th AOC + AUTOSAR Day", please choose your preferred topic for each of the two time slots (blue & red) as shown in the graphic below.
Event organized by
The AUTOSAR Open Conferences (AOC) throughout the years
Here you have the possibility to "click" through the years and obtain the presentations of the individual events.
You can also look through the galleries of previous AOCs and obtain general information on the AUTOSAR Open Conference itself.